Monday, November 14, 2011

High Elves - the Lothern Sea Guard

Way way back in October last year, I bought an Island of Blood set and with it came 10 of these High Elves Lothern Sea Guard. I started to paint them back in January this year, and then it all became just too damn hard, so I put them to one side. Then in July, I bought another 10, also half started and then put aside. But FINALLY, they're (more or less) done! Huzzah! (More or less because I need to finish off the banner, but that's only an hour or so's work).











And speaking of the sea and those that sail upon it, my next project might just have something to do with pieces of eight and parrots.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work. I find white is a very hard colour to paint well, so I tip my hat to you for your success with it. Overall, the miniatures might benefit from a little wash, ink or blackline to bring out the depth. The unit looks very coherent ranked up like that, you should be proud.

ModernKiwi said...

Thanks for the comment mate. White is indeed a PITA to paint. 6 or 7 layers is usually what it takes to look reasonable.

I did do some washes in various locations, the problem was that it was a learning experience. The older figures didn't get a blue wash on the blue painted bits as I painted them after I did the white. Still, I did learn to do the blue first for subsequent figures.